Acrylic Lamp, cut with a laserLooking for a unique housewarming, birthday, or Christmas gift... or maybe just to add some character to your own decor? This is an easy project that is sure to turn some heads, as the construction of the acrylic lamp provides a marvelous light reflection!
- 3 mm acrylic
- We used Evonik's "Radiant" plexiglas
- Suitable Machine: Speedy 100, Speedy 300, Speedy 400, Speedy 500
- We used a Speedy 300 60W with a 2" lens
Step 1 - Laser cut the acrylic lamp
Open the template file for this extraordinary piece of furniture (for download click here) and send it to the laser.
Select your favorite color and start cutting the acrylic.
The laser parameters may vary, as they depend on the machine used and the available laser power.
Recommended cutting parameters:
- Blue: power: 100 %, speed 0.7 %, frequency 9000 Hz, Air Assist on
- Red: power: 60 %, speed 1.0 %, frequency 9000 Hz, Air Assist on, z-offset 3 mm